Hi all,

I found that OSG has display lists enabled by default on Geometry objects and
it remains enabled even if instancing is enabled. This made for a fairly long
and non-intuitive debug session as I was trying to figure out why my geometry
failed to be drawn. Ultimately, I just had to setUseDisplayList( false ).

According to the OpenGL spec. "The error INVALID_OPERATION is generated if
DrawArraysInstanced or DrawElementsInstanced is called during display list
compilation," which is what finally clued me in.

Wouldn't it makes sense to automatically disable display lists in the case
instancing is enabled? Otherwise what is happening is very much hidden under
the framework and not in a good way.

Cheers,
Trystan