Hi,

In my shader I would like to have the direction of the light (sunlight) in
eye-space, and since it doesn't vary per vertex I would like to pre-calculate
it in OSG.

I'm not sure how to do this, I thought it would make sense to multiply the view
matrix with the direction of the light like this, but I feel like I'm not sure
what I'm doing. Anyone can help me out with this?

Code:

//to set up
osg::Vec3f lightDir(1.f,2.f,-2.f);
lightDir.normalize();

//and then each step...
osg::Vec4 lightDirEye = worldCamera->getViewMatrix() * osg::Vec4(lightDir,1);
lightDirUniform->set(osg::Vec3(lightDirEye.x(), lightDirEye.y(),
lightDirEye.z()));