> So we have tried what you are suggesting and it didn't work out how you are
> suggesting it could.

Sort of true, except that those wiki's did not have a API-type structure, which
might have made the difference. But obviously I cannot guarantee that. It's
just a gut feeling I have, based on my experience of willing to contribute some
pieces of knowledge to the docs, but not seeing a good way of doing this...
and I THINK there might be more people like me, but again, I can't be sure
about that either... perhaps I'm very special and one-of-a-kind ;)

Another small thing that could be explored is trying to make it more clear THAT
contributions to the docs from anyone are welcome and clear instructions on how
to do it...