Hi Alex,

It's difficult to work out what you are doing as you don't specify what you
mean by intersection.  Do you mean you are using
osgUtil::IntersectionVisitor and one of the Intersector subclasses like
LineSegmentIntersector?

As a general note, the OSG's Intersection classes don't know about the eye
position so can't use the same LOD child selection metrics as are using
during the cull traversal.  Instead the highest resolution LOD child is
selected and traversed. Have a look at the LOD::traverse(NodeVisitor&)
implementation in OpenSceneGraph/src/osg/LOD.cpp to see what it done.

Robert.