I'm working on this today..  And I've noticed..  it's not just .png files.   If
I use osgdb_ffmpeg, it takes over ALL images.

I'm attempting to walk through the call stack..

Code:

starting here...
Registry.cpp - line 992
ReadImageFunctor(const std::string& filename, const Options*
options):ReadFunctor(filename,options) {}

ending up here...
ReaderWriterFFmpeg.cpp - line 136
virtual ReadResult readImage(const std::string & filename, const
osgDB::ReaderWriter::Options* options) const

It appears that the plugins are iterated and FFMPEG is allways selected for
ReadImage()
I'm having a hard time locating where exactly the plugin is selected. [/code]