I also recommend using the Triton height map support to make the shorelines
look better. It will fade out the ocean geometry as the bathymetry slopes
up towards sea level.

Logarithmic depth buffer is handy for various Triton use cases. If you go
that route, remember to also reduce your near/far ratio too.

Glenn Waldron