HI Filip,

The osg::CoordinateSystemNode is a data container node that stores the
coordinate system details of it's subgraph.  It's use is passive, other
functions in the OSG or client apps query the CoordinateSystemNode to find
out what coordinate system it's subgraph is in.  So if you generated a
database you'd decorate it with a CoordinateSystemNode to be able to tell
other functions above the coordinate system you've used.  It's not for
actively transforming for one coordinate system to another.

The CoordinateSystemNode "has a" optional osg::EllipsoidModel object that
can be used for converting between Earth Center Earth Fixed (ECEF) and
lats/longs/height.

How you manage the coordinate system in your application is up to you,
there are a number of different ways to represent it with the OSG.  In
general I'd recommend using local coordinate frames for your actual data,
decorating this local coordinate frame with a MatrixTransform that places
the local coodinate frame in world coords.  For GIS database type work,
such as provided by osgEarth and VirtualPlanetBuilder this approach is
utilized, with a CoordinateSystemNode decorating the whole database.

Robert.