Hi Christian,

I haven't looked into the topic but my inclination would be to add an
option into osg::GraphicsContext::Traits for requesting the data type
(signed, unsigned, float, double) of the colour and depth buffers as
well as the existing number of bits than have the creation of the
graphics context attempt to honour this.

Robert.