FYI, my vertex/fragment shaders are using #version 120 because they need to be
compatible with OSX X11 (XQuartz). I have noticed that even on the graphics
cards with the compatibility profile (windows machines with certain ATI/AMD
cards), directly using gl_Vertex instead of osg_Vertex seems to fix the
problem. In other words, my call to glVertex3f() seems to correctly set
gl_Vertex, but not osg_Vertex, in the vertex shader.

I am pretty new to GLSL, so I feel like I'm missing some core concept related
to GLSL and compatibility profiles.

Thanks again,
Ravi

Read this topic online here: