Hi Werner,

There isn't any need to put ReaderWriter's in plugins as the
osgDB::ReaderWriter architecture has been designed to allow them to be
placed in plugins on just directly in applications.  All you need to
do is include the custom ReaderWiter's soure file into your
application and then register an instance of it using the
REGISTER_OSGPLUGIN(..) macro to create the required proxy object that
will register an instance of your ReaderWriter with osgDB::Registry.

Robert.