Hi Mike,

basically the thing you are looking for is instancing. The question is still a bit void. You'll need a shader to do instancing, but you need to put some effort into it by using a visitor to create your instances. Take a look at the osggpucull example if your looking for an efficient way to render millions of instances.The osgDrawInstanced example might be a start with simple instancing. Also there has been some approaches with the osgVegetation project, so you might consider to take look into this. As I have some experience I can give you some insights, so feel free to ask if you have specific questions.

hth
Sebastian

Hi,

Wondering if it possible to draw an ive file inside a shader. For example, say
I want to populate an urban area with a  particular building, maybe have the
shader scale and rotate and place it randomly. Can I use a shader to draw the
ive file over and over again externally to the actual OSG program?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Mike