Hi Dan,

The PR looks like an acceptable level of hackiness to resolve this
problem so I've merged this.

There is limit in how much we should go chasing our tails on this
suff, there is fixed function code all over the OSG so it'd be a
massive undertaking to try and find fall-backs for all these.  I would
recommend that users don't use GLCORE unless they need to make it easy
port to GLES2/3 or to have to the latest GL features under OSX where
it's only possible with GLCORE.  If you have to use GLCORE then I
think we just need to look at the real trouble points and resolve them
locally - this PR is an example where I think this is acceptable, but
it's not something I'd want to see spread across the whole OSG.

If users really want a clean GL then that's Vulkan, it's what GLCORE
was attempting to achieve but falling along way short.  So personally
I'd rather user just leave the legacy features of GL on when using the
OSG if there isn't any pressing need otherwise.

Robert.