Robert,

Thanks again for all the help. Let me see if I can clarify with some images.
Sorry I couldn't figure out how to embed them inline properly.

First Issue: disappearing body model

Anything not touched by the textured projection completely disappears, see
DisappearingBefore.png and DisappearingAfter.png. I "forced" it to work by
(the "After" case), anything not projected on disappears.

Second Issue: "piercing" projections

The second issue is that the texture doesn't stop after it's first
intersection. It will project the image onto every single surface it goes
through. Again, I only want visible nodes. In Projection1.png, I click to
project the image, then I turn the body model and you can see in
Projection2.png that it has "pierced" through the model to the regions behind
it. i.e. texturing surfaces that are not visible to me. B1 and A1 should not
have been projected on the unseen portion of the model.

I'm hoping both of these are simple fixes, I would guess there is some kind of
toggle for them, but I couldn't seem to find it!

And I actually have another question for you. With the image projected on the
model, would it be possible to calculate the area it covers? Originally when I
started this project, I captured all the points "bounded" by four vertices
selected by the user, then making elements of these points, calculated the %
area of the model it covers (AreaCalculation.png). Is it possible to extract
this information from a projected area?

I'm making some great progress overall, and I appreciate the help!

Regards,

Isaac

Attachments:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org//files/areacalculation_183.png