OK, so I’ve gone a bit further with this, and have ported some core pieces of
the glTF plugin from osgEarth into osg itself. It’s functional and I’d like to
push this back to the core repo soon. Any particular process to follow for
contributions like this?

Current work here:
https://github.com/MozillaReality/OpenSceneGraph/tree/gltf-plugin

In terms of functionality, I’ve so far not ported the support provided by
osgEarth for fetching glTF remote resources, i.e. it currently works only with
local textures etc. This means that it doesn’t yet load b3dm files either, but
I intend to add these capabilities soon.

Kind regards,
Phil.