Hi Nelson,

On 7/3/07, Cysneros, Nelson SPAWAR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
by replacing this line:

        // set the view
        sceneView->setViewMatrix(kbmcb->getViewMatrix());

With my own calculated matrix based on the kbmcb values.

You can still do this with osgViewer::Viewer :

 osgViewer::Viewer viewer;

 viewer.setSceneData(osgDB::readNodeFile("cow.osg"));

 viewer.realize();

 while(!viewer.done())
 {

    viewer.getCamera()->setViewMatrix(myViewMatrix);

     viewer.frame();

 }

Note, no Camera Manipulator is registered, so nobody is setting the
view matrix other than your setViewMatrix call.

I'm also confused about the billboard examples ( and other examples simular
to it).  Looks like they never added anytype of Manipulator to the camera.
and I'm wondering how the camera manipulation is being done?  Is their a
default manipulator that comes with the osgViewer::Viewer?

viewer.run() used my main of the examples is great short hand for
writing a quick example, but it does hide a bit of what's going under
the hood, run is effectively (psudo code here)

viewer.run() is equivilant to :

  viewer.realize();

  if (viewer doesn't have a camera manipulator)
  {
       viewer.addCameraManipulator(new TrackballBall)
  }

  while(!viewer.done())
  {
     viewer.frame();