Hi,  Jeremy:

 i don't know if this can be of interest to you, but if it can help you...

 The book DirectX 9 User Interfaces: Design and Implementation is the only
reference i have found that explain how to do a GUI with DirectX from ground
up. You can avoid the directX things, the book has some (short) comments
about the pitfalls to avoid when designing a GUI. The GUI developed in the
book seems quite similar than the one that ships with DirectX
(coincidence?), but there will not be many issues doing that with OSG.

Of course, i have nothing to do with the author or the publisher. This is
not 'propaganda', just knowledge interchange. :)

 I haven't found any other reference about the topic of designing GUIs.
Have you?

Cheers.

2007/7/3, Jeremy L. Moles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 12:43 +0200, Emmanuel Roche wrote:
> By the way, sure CEGUI is not recommendable but is there another good
> possibility you would recommend to build GUIs in OSG ?

I'm working on one myself. :) Just need time... time... who ever has
enough? At any rate, if you don't use CEGUI there really isn't much
else. Hopefully I can have the osgHUD NodeKit working in the coming
months.