Well, this was the central tenet of my blog. Never catch exceptions when you
cannot do something really useful with them (like 99% of the cases) and let
them bubble up to the highest level. At the highest level you usually have a
clear way to report back what went wrong. E.g. before you call a servlet, etc.

Unfortunately, there is no generic mechanism that I know off and I expect this
is not really possible because it depends.

Kind regards,

        Peter Kriens