> On 13 Oct 2016, at 22:04, Ferry Huberts <maili...@hupie.com> wrote:
> Mandatory references are always injected before activate.
> Optional references can be injected either before or after activate.

Well no that’s not exactly true.

Static references — whether mandatory or optional — are always bound before
activate. If optional then it’s possible for the reference to be bound to
nothing (in this case the bind method will never be called).

An optional-static reference *cannot* be injected after activate. That’s the
definition of static.

Dynamic references can be bound, unbound or re-bound at any time before, during
or after activate. For example a mandatory-dynamic reference can be re-bound
without deactivating a component if the service it is bound to goes away and
there is a replacement service already available.