Hi all,

I am trying to create a component that is instantiated by ConfigAdmin and uses
multiple references to operate. Basically the component should instantiate
through a factory configuration and use that configuration to set up its own
@Reference s. You can see the code here:

All the mentioned @Reference ed components are instantiated by configuration as
well, so at a given time the @Reference might not be available but my own
component should still work. yet should the Reference available then it should
be injected, basic 0-1 strategy.

Problem I am facing with the current form of the code is that, the @Reference
injection is happening before the @Activate method is called. This leads to NPE
in the @Reference method due to null configuration. Is it possible to make this
code work such that config is provided to the component before the dependency

I have tried annotating the class fields and set them "volatile". I even make
them a list and use the class fields in the activate method this time the class
fields were null due to 0-1 strategy. so I end up with annotating the methods.

I might have designed this all wrong, so any help simple or fundamental is

Sent by MailWise<http://www.mail-wise.com/installation/2> – See your emails as
clean, short chats.