Logging in java always reminds me of this comic strip:
https://xkcd.com/927/

Christian

On 20.04.2017 14:03, Christian Schneider wrote:
So to fight the multiple logging frameworks problem we add another one ....

I understand, that the logging initialization with a static factory is a bad pattern in OSGi ... but as we have so much code out there that already uses this I think we could as well just leave the situation like it is now. Pax-logging for example is not really nice code when it comes to providing the bridge to existing logging frameworks but as we will still need it for lots of libraries we will not get rid of it anyway.

Christian