Hello BJ, finally I had a time to look into this.

On 06/04/2017 15:58, BJ Hargrave wrote:
Also see https://github.com/osgi/slf4j-osgi which holds an slf4j binding to the new Log Service.
I looked into this code, butI just read here https://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#loggerNameMismatch that static binding is deprecated.

From the next version of SLF4J (1.8.x) forward they are going to use poor java's ServiceLoader <https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/ServiceLoader.html> mechanism. :(

It is indeed a service. The spec writing for these changes are not in the draft spec so you can see https://github.com/osgi/design/blob/master/rfcs/rfc0219/rfc-0219-LogService-Update.pdf for some more detail/background on the change.

I liked it a lot !
One question about Logger Admin and Logger Context.

I'm wondering... How would be they behaviour when used with scoped Subsystems(composite/application)?

how would be the best approach in order to create an exclusive root context for each isolated hierarchy ? one instance of Logger Admin for each scoped subsystem?

best,

Cristiano