Just another vote in favour of the ConfigurationPlugin model - you can use this
to post-process configurations wherever they come from (meaning it isn’t tied
to the Configurer or Configurator).

A configuration plugin that does this sort of work is easy to write, and if
using DS could be done in a lot less than 100 LoC. It can also look at things
other than environment variables if you want, and if/else logic is much easier
to write/maintain in Java code than it is in macros in a JSON file!

Best Regards,

Tim