I’m not sure where you think the ordering problem is between the Configurator,
the Configuration Bundle and the bundle being configured…

As for the Configuration Plugin, I would expect a ConfigurationPlugin like this
to be a feature of the launcher, being the one part of the system with at least
some reason to couple to the environment.

Best Regards,

Tim