Hello!

As the subject says: Is there already a standard for aggregating
repositories?

I'm putting together a small proof of concept API and application that
allows a user to browse a set of bundle repositories [0], select bundles
from those repositories, get all of the bundle dependencies resolved
automatically, download all of the bundles, and finally start up an
OSGi container with all of the selected and downloaded bundles.

I have all of that working (using the Bnd resolver), but the main pain
point is the need to initially specify a (possibly rather large) set of
repositories. I could very easily come up with an API or an XML schema
that allows a server to deliver a set of repository URLs, but before I
do that: Is there already a standard for this?

[0] A Compendium chapter 132 repository.

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com