I really like the idea of being able to select an object on the map to get
more information about it - just as you can do know with a POI.
I would like to be able to touch a road to access the tags it has been
tagged with - for example variable speed limits (that are not currently
supported), road surfaces that have been tagged etc.

It think this idea is a rich vein of information but programmatically
difficult?