On Thursday, 17 May 2018 22:25:22 UTC+2, Stephan75 wrote:

> Phone device is a Moto G (peregrine) with Android 5.1 ... Total commander
> says the I have more than 700 MB free memory on internal device, next to my
> sd card.

The 700 MB are not what is needed to install an app. What you need at the
moment is free memory dedicated for installation of apps and that is not
the same as the memory on internal device. I don't know any way to see what
is available on device for this purpose - often the only sign is that the
install fails or the device says "not enough memory".

Not sure if this is the real reason. You could try to backup few (smaller)
apps, uninstall these, try to install Osmand and install the smaller apps
back. The reason it could work is that during the installation much more
memory is needed then the size needed for the app itself. Again, no idea if
this would help.