For such an extremely useful app you just pay a few euros or dollars, and
that just once! Each month really time consuming calculations have to be
done to transform the OSM maps into a format that can be used by OSMAND.
And it's not just me who downloads several GB each month when updating my
maps, and servers for such a huge amount of data are not cheap.
I have paid MUCH MORE money for my Garmin device (years ago) and even
after  dozens of firmware updates it doesn't work flawlessly.
Can you image how it feels if you are in an unknown city and your device
hangs and has to restarted by a complicate procedure which takes about 20
minutes?
Have you ever made a bug report to companies like Garmin which has been
resolved in a timely manner?
I have never had such an experience with OSMAND!
So, I am very grateful to the developers of OSMAND!!!
Helmut

Poutnik Wanderer <poutnik4n...@gmail.com> schrieb am Sa., 26. Jan. 2019,
14:18: