For bicycle, there is similar rule - the principle is the same, it just
uses different values. Of course, the differences are here much bigger
(easy ride x race). But as a rule of the thumb, I would suggest something
around speed 20 km/h and 800 vertical meter / h for "faster" and 15 km/h
and 600 Vm/h for "easier" or lighter off road (tracks, easy paths).

Ideally, allow the user to manually set the numbers as variables - better
trained/experienced people usually know their current numbers. There is a
marked difference between my numbers in February/March and in July/August
for the same route, ridden with no extra effort :)
The same - make use of user-set variables (or preset values) would work for
walking as well.