Hi Ralf.
If I understand what you want, it is actually pleasantly simple.  Try this:-
At bottom left of the screen, touch the "hamburger menu".  (Three
horizontal bars).
In there, select "My Places".
In there, select My Favourites (if it hasn't already appeared)
Toward the right hand end of any "Category", touch the three vertical dots.
Find "Show on map".  Slide the slider left for on or right for off.
When you return to the map you should see the effect you want.
If that's not what you want, let me know.
Good luck.
Paul W