On Mon, Oct 07, 2019 at 10:27:17AM +0300, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Oct/06/2019, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 06, 2019 at 10:41:56PM +0300, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> > > And actually it's the same line (way) with the proper name and Osmand
> > > knows that it's "correct" as it says
> > >
> > > But Osmand knows that it's the same road (as it says in the messages all
> > > the time "keep right and go to DJ102G)
> >
> > How does OSMAnd know its the same road driving "straight on"? Not by
> > name - Roads may turn 90° left/right and carry the name with them. So
> > there is no tag which says "this is the same road - straight on is here"
>
> When I was reading your message I realised that I had forgotten to
> attach the screenshot. I've attached now the screenshot. Osmand is
> saying "keep left and go to DJ102G 0:03" but as I said I can't see any
> other option than following the road, no junction / street / footpath /
> etc. joining at this point.

I had a look - At the exact position of the marker - there is no
junction. There are junctions within 200m in both direction which
qualify for a steep angle.

> > The only thing which matters in "keep left" "keep right" messages
> > is the topology. So when the topology looks like a fork in the street
>
> there is no fork that I can see in the example (that I've now attached)

I cant see it either.

> > Whenever a router/navigation software generates instruction messages
> > its because of topology in the base data. So if you get stray messages
>
> Please see the screenshot (that now I've attached), as I don't
> understand why Osmand would indicate "keep left" when there is no
> junction that I can see.
>
> > about keeping left/right although for you as a human the "straight on"
> > is obvious the junction is most likely broken topology wise.
>
> I'd be happy to understand and then fix at least some of them... but see
> the screenshot (that is now available, not like before :-) )

What makes me wonder is that the calculated route does not match the
rendered map. So something has changed in between. Maybe the route
is calculated on a different map dataset than the map beeing rendered?

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f...@zz.de