> Poutnik says:

You may then want to try GPX files generated for OSMand by BRouter ( =
bicycle Router ).

...  it is best to do in BRouter.de/brouter-web
<http://brouter.de/brouter-web>/ , with application hint option set to
OSMAnd.

OSMAnd would then give you visual or voice hint only before
crossing/junction, and only if brouter think it is necessary due geometry
or calculated way priorities.

I have recently tried this combination of route planner (web version of
BRouter) and voice navigation with OSMAND. It is the best combination I
have run across so far. The planning tool is pretty easy to use, and the
OSMAND hint option seems to work as advertised.

My set up is to run OSMAND on a tablet running android, with voice prompts
at highest volume I can. Tablet is in a pannier. I actually never look at
the screen unless I get off course and want to figure out where I am.
(Sometimes I do not hear the prompt correctly due to ambient noise -- and
had of hearing!) I am still experimenting with this but so far I have found
no better combination of route planning and navigation.