Thank you for your help.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel ;-). As the problems only
increased, I still checked the maps, which have always been up to date.
Then I found another installation version of OSMAnd on Google Play. I
installed it.

I didn't previously understand that a completely new version of OSMAnd
should be downloaded. I just checked that there is no update to the
installed program. I also didn't get any information on how to make sure to
check the latest software version.
By the way, where can it be seen in OSMAnd?

Well, now I downloaded the new OSMand but the previous installation is
still installed. At least the first experience is that previous navigation
oddities in the software do not occur in this new installation. It went
just like you told John. Thanks!

Reloading the program will result in a few requests for help.
I can certainly help myself, but it’s easier if someone tells me where
favorites data is located and how the data is transferred from the old to
the new program.

Cheers Pertti