On Friday, July 17, 2020 at 12:35:38 PM UTC-5, Akkana Peck wrote:

> Bart Eisenberg writes:
> > QGIS has a QDAL plugin
> > <
> https://docs.qgis.org/2.8/en/docs/user_manual/plugins/plugins_gdaltools.html>.
>

> > But if I remember your blog post, Akkana, that's not enough to translate
> > Geotiff to an OsmAnd-compliant format entirely within QGIS.  Yes?
>
> I haven't actually used the gdal-tools plugin because running gdal
> commands directly looked much easier, but I think you're right.
> It looks like the only tile-like file the plugin can make is vrt,
> and I don't think OsmAnd can handle a vrt directly. A web search
> for vrt to sqlite finds several options, but it looks like it would
> come down to using gdal and mbtiles2osmand from the command line anyway,
> so there's no obvious win from using the plugin.

QGis Processing Toolbox > Raster tools > Generate XYZ tiles (MBTiles)
should generate MBTiles entirely within QGis (from the selected layers).

AFAIK, you would still have to run mbtiles2osmand on the command line. For
those who prefer a GUI experience, it would sure be nice to have a plugin
for this.

Konstantin