@Andy:

Thank you.
I had a look at the rendering configuration files.

I need only some changes to the default map style in "default.render.xml":

- Turn the beige color for urban houses areas into light grey
- turn orange color for main streets to yellow
- Make blue color for rivers and green color for forest a little bit more
lighter

When I look now into default.render.xml file
where can I find the corresponding parameters/elements?

Is there a good (=with samples) tutorial for colorization changes?

Thank you
Claudia