Hi Shraddha,

I thought that one of goals of the draft is to minimize manual intervention as a preparation for maintenance. My assumption is that workarounds do require some manual intervention. Are mentioned workarounds specific for particular implementation where BDR always generates Network LSA in addition to DR's Network LSA? Or is essence of workarounds in (manual) tuning of SPF delay timer?

Thank you.

25.04.2017 07:00, Shraddha Hegde пишет:

Yes. You are right.

This is a problem specific to BDR taking over the role of DR.

The problem you describe has been around for a while and I have seen people using

decent workarounds without requiring protocol changes to solve this problem.

Rgds

Shraddha

*From:*Alexander Okonnikov [mailto:alexander.okonni...@gmail.com]
*Sent:* Monday, April 24, 2017 3:33 PM
*To:* Shraddha Hegde <shrad...@juniper.net>; draft-ietf-ospf-link-overl...@ietf.org; ospf@ietf.org
*Subject:* Re: draft-ietf-ospf-link-overload-06 - DR migration

Hi Shraddha,

For planned link maintenance there still could be traffic disruption. Even if router with overloaded link is detached from broadcast link, the latter still could be used by other routers on this one. If router with overloaded link was DR, traffic between other routers on broadcast link could be disrupted. Am I correct?