Hi Jeff,

I don’t really feel there is a strong requirement to support different
timers values per protocol even though several implementations allow
different protocol specific values to be configured (with varying
behaviors).

If there were such a requirement, I would think it would be better
satisfied by extending the BFD model session key with an additional
identifier, e.g., <interface/dst-ip/instance>. IMO, this would be
preferable to allowing the details of BFD to permeate into all the other
protocol models. This would require configuration of the instance rather
than a boolean in the protocols.

Thanks,
Acee