Just FYI, most people interpret "Use file integrity monitoring and
change detection software on logs to ensure that existing log data
cannot be changed without generating alerts"  as:

- collect logs
- hash them (SHA or - god forbid! - MD5)
- store logs and hashes separately (hopefully)

(and that is what most vendors do)

Live per record hashing is way ahead of the curve... even though it is
kinda nice, technically.