Help anyone:
OK, I'm at a loss
Running version:
# ./ossec-analysisd -V
OSSEC HIDS v2.8 - Trend Micro Inc.
CentOS release 6.7 (Final)
On AWS

I've distributed the keys by hand via manage_agents
and confirmed there is UDP connectivity from agent to server & back:

Connection to aaa.zz.yy.xx 1514 port [udp/fujitsu-dtcns] succeeded!

Yet I am still getting:: WARN: Waiting for server reply (not started).
Tried: 'aaa.zz.yy.xx'
The IP@ and port # on the agent is correct (in ossec.conf *and* in
ossec.log)

I do have one agent that connects - it's on the same VPC as the server, so
I suspect a connectivity issue, *but I can connect* (at least via nc)* so I
don't get it.*

I also don't see anything in the logs that indicates a configuration error-
including with the debug flag set.

Any suggestions on debugging this one?