On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 4:40 AM, Igor <6513...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have edit /var/ossec/etc/ossec.conf on a client
>
> <!-- OSSEC example config -->
>
> <ossec_config>
>   <client>
>     <server-ip>my_ip</server-ip>
>   </client>
> </ossec_config>
>
> and get this error
>
> Started ossec-agentd...
> 2018/03/13 11:33:40 ossec-logcollector: Remote commands are not accepted
> from the manager. Ignoring it on the agent.conf
> 2018/03/13 11:33:40 ossec-logcollector(1202): ERROR: Configuration error at
> '/var/ossec/etc/shared/agent.conf'. Exiting.

If you have commands in your agent.conf, you need to set
"logcollector.remote_commands" to "1" in internal_options.conf.
https://ossec.github.io/docs/syntax/head_internal_options.analysisd.html?highlight=remote%20command#intopt-logcollector.remote_commands=0

> Started ossec-logcollector...
> Started ossec-syscheckd...
> Completed.
>
> File /var/ossec/etc/shared/agent.conf placed on client and on server, they
> are the same and client get config from server.
>
> how client get config?
> 1 - local /var/ossec/etc/ossec.conf,
> 2 - local /var/ossec/etc/shared/agent.conf
> 3 - server /var/ossec/etc/shared/agent.conf
> ?

Clients use "/var/ossec/etc/ossec.conf" and "/var/ossec/etc/shared/agent.conf."
The agent.conf comes from the server.
Some configurations can be set in the agent.conf, but not all.
Unfortunately there
isn't a good list of which works where.