> On 22 Aug 2017, at 01:33, Nadav Har'El <n...@scylladb.com> wrote:
>

> I don't remember what libpcap uses on Linux. Please try :-)

Haven’t had a chance yet.

> If I remember correctly (I have't touched this stuff in two decades ;-)),
> libpcap was implemented on BSD using a "BPF" (Berkeley Packet Filter)
> bytecode language. I don't think we ever made any effort to make this work on
> OSv, and looking now at the code, it seems to be #if 0'ed out, so it will
> take some work to revive.

I saw that. I also noticed that multicast won’t work because the SIOCADDMULTI
call does nothing in the hypervisor drivers (so the multicast mac addresses are
never added to the filter tables for the interface concerned). I’m part way
through the code to use the controlq to handle that for virtio-net. I can
probably do the IFF_PROMISC flag at the same time.

I don’t know about vmxnet3 driver as I’m not familiar with the hypervisor that
provides that. Can you point me at the code for the ‘other side’ for that?

Cheers,
Rick