Hi,

> If you come across such differences, please open issues in the OSv bug
> tracker, so even if we don't fix them immediately, we'll fix them eventually.
>
> The intention of OSv is to be compatible with Linux's ABI, not BSD, so such
> differences should be - eventually - eliminated.

Understood. I’ll start to open issues. There may be a few of them.

> Maybe, I'm not familiar with this ioctl so I don't really know if it's needed
> or not. You can send the patch and we'll see. You can also open an issue on
> the bug tracker and attach a patch, for future consideration if anybody will
> want these ioctls in the future.

Its not really the ioctl I’m talking about - its the command to the hypervisor
to adjust the mac address filter tables. I will probably want to be able to add
more unicast addresses to that (in the VRRP case, we have to receive frames on
our mac address and the ‘virtual ip’ mac address).

> Are you running qemu in bridged mode (run.py -n, or similar)? If so, I think
> that yes, IGMP snooping happens by default on the bridge. E.g.,
> $ cat /sys/class/net/virbr0/bridge/multicast_snooping
> 1

Yes, thats why I can receive the VRRP multicast frames it seems. Internally,
the bsd stack is adding the multicast mac address to the filter list, which
ends up in the virtio-net if_ioctl code which doesn’t actually do anything. I
fixed that so it builds the list of macs to send to the hypervisor via the
virtio-net control channel. As I’ll need it for the unicast ones ultimately, I
needed the code done. I’ll submit it in a bug in case anyone else wants it.

Cheers,
Rick