On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 2:29 PM Waldek Kozaczuk <jwkozac...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for applying the patch (BTW as I feared it failed on the Jenkins
> machine due to some x86_64 vs i686 conflict, any ideas how to fix it?).

Thanks. I saw it is most likely a Fedora 27 bug, which takes the wrong
package (a i686 one, something I haven't used in a decade ;-)). It is
easily solved by a separate "yum install openssl-devel" (separate from the
other installation requests) so I did it, and hopefully we can forget about
this - we can't need to solve Fedora bugs :-(

> Now I have everything I need to cut new release minus anything
> unexpected;-)

Well, something bothering me personally is the Boost invisibility thing
preventing build on Fedora 30. But it doesn't mean we can't release a
version as-is, and fix the Boost thing later.

> I am not sure you saw it but couple of days ago I committed  some docker
> files to build OSv development environment container images for Fedora and
> Ubuntu. If you care you can use the fedora one that would let you build and
> run OSv in Fedora 29 docker container running on Fedora 30.

Thanks. I can, but I don't want to :-) I mean, I want to be reminded that
OSv can't be built on Fedora 30, and fix it, instead of working around it
:-)

I have different physical machines with different versions of Fedora on
them, so when I want to compile on Fedora 29, I can already do that (this
is what I did today to test your patch).

> This is how I build and run OSv on Fedora 29 when on Ubuntu 19.04 on my
> laptop. Btw the docker files delegate to setup.py.
>
> I do not have much experience with docker hub. Do you think it would help
> if we published those docker images to docker hubs so people could pull it
> from there instead of building the image from scratch?

I have no idea, I'm not a big docker expert myself. Is it hard to "build
the image from scratch"? Isn't it automatic?