I think you have a wrong cmake build type

CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Debug Release" something like that..

it must be CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release to work correctly.

There is CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES which btw is a list and can have Release
Debug RelWithDebInfo

On Thursday, November 24, 2016 at 2:25:52 AM UTC+1, i2wizf...@gmail.com
wrote:

> The issue appears to be that it is failing to create geotiff.dll from
> geotiff.lib. When I run dumpbin /directives on geotiff.lib, I am getting
> /DEFAULTLIB:"LIBCMT" throughout the file. This seems to imply that the
> library was built using the /MT linker flag. However, the CMakeCache.txt
> files for the SuperBuild and for the geotiff project all specify /MD or
> /MDd, which is what I want because I want shared libraries.
>
> I've also tried adding the /NODEFAULTLIB:"LIBCMT" flag to the
> CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS and re-ran CMake, and it appears to have no effect.
> Any suggestions?
>
> On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 7:25:06 PM UTC-8, i2wizf...@gmail.com
> wrote:
>>
>> Just to clarify, I'm using nmake to build the sources from the
>> CMake-generated makefiles.
>>
>> On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 7:20:06 PM UTC-8, i2wizf...@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello, I'm trying to build OTB and its dependencies using the SuperBuild
>>> feature and getting stuck building the geotiff dependency. I'm running
>>> Windows 7, AMD64 platform, using Visual Studio 2010 Premium, and created
>>> NMake makefiles using CMake 3.5.1. Source files came from the master
>>> branch, which is tagged with the 5.8.0 release if I'm not mistaken.
>>>
>>> Pastebin link: http://pastebin.com/shibd7xW
>>>
>>> I checked to make sure the compiler was building multithreaded DLLs for
>>> debug and release (/MDd and /MD respectively), so I'm not sure why
>>> MSVCRT.lib
>>> and LIBCMT.lib are both trying to define symbols here.
>>>
>>> Any obvious things I am missing? Thank you.

Check the OTB FAQ at
http://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/FAQ.html

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/otb-users?hl=en