Hello Gus,

The RAM parameter deals only with the memory footprint during mosaic
compositing and statistics computation, both streamable pipelines (no
limitation on images size).
However, the distance map calculation (which is a temporary file, then used
as an input of the streamed mosaicing compositing pipeline, just for
feathering) is not a streamable process. Meaning that, for each input image
to mosaic, the distance map will theoretically require the full image in
memory to be processed. That's why there is the distancemap.sr (sampling
ratio) parameter. This enables the subsampling of the input image, to
compute the distance map with a smaller footprint. See README.md, section
"Performance tuning: Distance map images sampling ratio".
This is a current limitation of the application, I will add this explicitly
in the application description.

Your problem could also come from the fact that your input images have not
the same projection reference (and leading to a near infinite image, e.g.
if you mix degrees and meters units, or with wrong coordinate reference
system), check this.

Hope that helps,

Rémi

Le vendredi 7 septembre 2018 01:44:23 UTC+2, Gus a écrit :

> Hello everyone.
>
> I don't clearly understand the process followed by the remote module
> "mosaic". The memory occupied during some phase after distance maps
> calculation for large blending with lab color space harmonization grows a
> lot, so I obtain a huge page file and my computer reboots. I checked the
> paper and peeked into the code a bit, but I'm not familiar with the
> libraries. Is there any way of estimating the ram needed for the process?
> Is there a way of overcoming this issue? (probably I will process it in
> chunks anyway but that would simplify things quite a lot).
>
> Cheers
>
> Gus

Check the OTB FAQ at
http://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/FAQ.html