Hi guys,

I'm using LSMSS as part of my Msc. thesis where I apply OBIA on VHR (RGB)
imagery in an effort to characterize potato plants by their spatial
features (shape, volume, texture, etc.). So far I'm really impressed by the
LSMSS tool (and the toolbox in general) but I have a question concerning
the spatial radius parameter in the second step (coined the grouping step
in Michel et al., 2015). In that same paper it is mentioned that *all
*neighboring
pixels are grouped together if their local (spectral and spatial modes are
under the set thresholds (*hr and hs).*  Now regarding the *hs *threshold,
do spatial offsets (from the spatial image/displacement image) get summed
until the *hs *value has been reached in clusters already determined by *hr*?
Or are potential clusters determined by (re)gathering all pixels that are
within that *hs *(and *hr) *threshold for each individual pixel? Looking at
the lack of *n_iter* variables and the fact that '*neighboring'*  pixels
are explicitly mentioned, I would think the former makes more sense. Am I
interpreting it correctly?

Kind regards,

Jasper

Check the OTB FAQ at