Hello Joan:

I  had  to  go  back  and  see what I had written with regards to underyling
issues. I wrote:

rc> Should we continue working on remediation of underlying issues

I  was  referring  NOT  to  the  underlying  issues  of  dementia but to the
underlying  issues  of occupational performance deficits. In this case, some
of the underlying issues are:

1. Fear
2. Decrease balance
3. Dementia
4. Motor planning
5. Strength

I while back I wrote about "framing the problem" and how important it is for
OT  to  see  clients'  problems  from  an occupational rather than a medical
perspective.  In  this  case, Alzheimer's dementia is NOT the problem, it is
causing problems.

Ron

=======================================================
On Thursday, December 18, 2003, @ 7:36 PM, you wrote:

JR> Ron
JR> What do you mean by underlying issues in dementia?
JR> I agree with others that adaptation is important. I'm not sure that
JR> equipment is the way to go. These clients often cannot accept new
JR> objects. It is a question of the social environment adapting to them and
JR> facilitating their 'best ability to function'(Allen).
JR> I'd also suggest that protocol for pelvic fracture could be followed in
JR> the short term to minimise possible pain.


JR> Joan Riches
JR> 1109 4th St SE
JR> High River, AB T1V 1J2
JR> 403 652 7928
JR> FAX 403 652 7970





JR> _______________________________________________
JR> To unsubscribe, visit:
JR> http://otnow.com/mailman/listinfo/otlist_otnow.com

JR> The OTnow Mail Archive: 
JR> www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
JR> ===============================================



_______________________________________________
To unsubscribe, visit: http://otnow.com/mailman/listinfo/otlist_otnow.com

The OTnow Mail Archive: 
www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
===============================================

Reply via email to