Your best bet for interpretation is to go to the VOTA website & review the legislative issues component; I'm sure they have a VOTA member who oversees/advises on regulatory issues- each state's a bit different on the interpretations.

Ruth Meyers, PhD , OT


From: Sue Hossack MOTR/L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [OTnow] OT Supervision
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:12:19 -0500

Hi all,
I have recently graduated with an Masters in OT, and moved to Virginia.I am working at a private clinic with a big school-system practice. I am the only OT, with 2 COTAs whom I am expected to supervise. I have a question about supervision, since I have not experienced this situation before in my field work.


According to the state regulations:

The occupational therapist providing clinical supervision shall meet with the occupational therapy personnel to review and evaluate treatment and progress of the individual patients at least once every fifth treatment session or 21 calendar days, whichever occurs first

Does this mean I have to observe the COTA's treatment of every one of their patients, or can I just meet with them and discuss each case? The way they have been doing it is with a 'supervisory visit' for each client once a month, i.e. the OT accompanies them to each treatment session, but their case loads are so high that it takes 2 weeks out of every month for me to visit with the COTA for each client. It would make much more sense to me, and a better use of my time, if I can just get an update from the COTA every 21 days.

Could anyone give me some guidelines? Thanks

Sue Hossack MOTR/L



Ron Carson wrote:


_______________________________________________ To unsubscribe, visit: http://otnow.com/mailman/listinfo/otlist_otnow.com

The OTnow Mail Archive: www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
===============================================





_______________________________________________
To unsubscribe, visit: http://otnow.com/mailman/listinfo/otlist_otnow.com

The OTnow Mail Archive: www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
===============================================

_________________________________________________________________
Find high-speed �net deals � comparison-shop your local providers here. https://broadband.msn.com



_______________________________________________ To unsubscribe, visit: http://otnow.com/mailman/listinfo/otlist_otnow.com

The OTnow Mail Archive: www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
===============================================

Reply via email to