Very  Cool!  Sounds  like  you  and  I have similar practice pattens and
ideals. I hope others reply....

----- Original Message -----
From: cmnahrw...@aol.com <cmnahrw...@aol.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 05, 2009
To:   OTlist@OTnow.com <OTlist@OTnow.com>
Subj: [OTlist] A Vision For Patients?

cac> Ron and the gang,

cac> Yes, I would work on mobility and functional ambulation.  I choose to
cac> complete them in a "functional dynamic", in which the patient clearly
cac> knows why we are working on walking (example walking  from the family
cac> room recliner to the kitchen so the patient can cook, etc etc).  Yes, I
cac> would trail them with different mobility aids if the mobility aids in
cac> which they currently have are not helping to advance the patient in
cac> their personal goals of occupaton.  I work with a physical therapist in
cac> a rehab hospital, so I always communicate with her what I am doing, so
cac> carry over can be best assured.  She also talks to me when she thinks a
cac> certain mobility aide will work best for walking.  We usuaally are on
cac> the same page, since we have worked with each other for a while now.

cac> -----Original Message-----
cac> From: Ron Carson <rdcar...@otnow.com>
cac> To: cmnahrw...@aol.com <OTlist@OTnow.com>
cac> Sent: Sun, Jul 5, 2009 6:12 am
cac> Subject: Re: [OTlist] A Vision For Patients?

cac> Good deal! Thanks Chris!!

cac> If  you don't mind, here's another loaded question. <smile> And not just
cac> for you but for ALL OTlist readers....

cac> You  mention  standing balance, do you also work on mobility/ambulation?
cac> For  example,  would  you  work  on  mobility/ambulation  for  a patient
cac> currently  using  a  wheelchair,  stands and transfers with mod A but is
cac> unable to ambulate? Would you trial them with different mobility aids?

cac> ----- Original Message -----
cac> From: cmnahrw...@aol.com <cmnahrw...@aol.com>
cac> Sent: Saturday, July 04, 2009
cac> To:   OTlist@OTnow.com <OTlist@OTnow.com>
cac> Subj: [OTlist] A Vision For Patients?

cac>> I most certainly address the LE.  Usually it is through practice
cac> of
cac>> occupations, but occasionally I will work on specific leg
cac> movements and
cac>> standing balance in order to eventually achieve an occupational
cac> goal.
cac>> I only mentioned flaccid arm, because that is what the prior OTs
cac> worked
cac>> on with the patient you mentioned.

cac>> Chris

cac> --
cac> Options?
cac> www.otnow.com/mailman/options/otlist_otnow.com