Ron,
I agree with a lot of what you are saying in these discussions, I share the
frustration.
Not a day goes by that I don't go to my mail box and get at least 2 or more
flyers offering me a job in OT, also I get unsolicited phone calls from
recruiters offering me a job. Where I work we are considered short staffed and
looking to hire, Head hunters call my work and ask if anyone is looking to
change jobs (quite sneaky i might add). So the value and demand for OT services
is there from the perspective of employers seeking OT out. I don't think
there's any denying that! Employers see $$ value in having OT staff...or so it
seems, they want us but they don't understand what or who we are. What an
interesting dilemma! I even get a lot of flyers from home health companies. Is
it possible if they had more of us in home health, they might utilze us better.
Just a question.
Brent Cheyne