From: jamie thomas <chocb...@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 10:13:26
To: <OTlist@OTnow.com>
Subject: Re: [OTlist] Flu shot

HI,
I am home with a newborn (he's 2 months old now), and I also have a 2 year
old.  I'm due to return to work (as a school OT) in January, but am seriously
considering trying to extend my leave so that I don't have to send my kids to
daycare (I'm especially worried about a 4 month old being exposed to swine
flu).  My 2 year old just had the flu, and I was so worried it made me realize
that I would feel better having him get the swine flu vaccine than have him
catch the actual virus.  He just received the typical seasonal flu vaccine this
week, and my husband and I will get it too.  We also plan to get the swine flu
vaccine, so that none of us risk the chance of getting swine flu and passing it
on  to my newborn.  It's a difficult decision to make because you hear that it
is only as bad as the seasonal flu, but but now we have a state of emergency
declared...and in the end I will feel safer having us all vaccinated (except my
newborn of course)...

jamie